Notice of Intent due: Friday, August 30, 2019 by 5:00 PM ET
The Notice of Intent to Apply should be completed via Survey Monkey.
Applications due: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 by 5:00 PM ET.
Follow the link: Senior Corps FY 2020 RSVP Notice of Funding Opportunity
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) seeks to increase the impact of national service in one or more counties across the country. CNCS intends to fund Senior Corps RSVP grants that support volunteers age 55 years and older in activities that serve community needs and respond to the National Performance Measures in the following focus areas: disaster; education; economic opportunity; environment; healthy futures; and veterans and military families. In addition to addressing one or more of the Focus Areas above, which is a requirement, CNCS is particularly interested in supporting applications that propose to focus RSVP volunteers in one or more of the priorities listed below.
- Evidence-based Program Implementation: to support the implementation of evidence-based program models which are a set of activities and practices is supported by a theory of change and tested through a rigorous program evaluation.
- Access to Care – Opioid Abuse: RSVP volunteer assignments that increase access to care and participation in health education activities designed to prevent or reduce prescription drug and opioid abuse.
- Aging in Place – Elder Justice: RSVP volunteer assignments focus on the Elder Justice Act priorities by placing volunteers in assignments that mitigate the potential that clients and caregivers served by RSVP volunteers will be victims of financial fraud, abuse, and/or neglect and/or that provide assistance and support services to victims of elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Aging in Place – Independent Living: RSVP volunteer assignments address independent living for older adults and individuals with disabilities including activities such as companionship that ease loneliness and social isolation and/or activities that give respite to informal caregivers.
- Economic Opportunity – Workforce Development: RSVP volunteer assignments support programs designed to increase the number of economically disadvantaged individuals receiving job training and other skill development services.
- Education – Intergenerational Programming: RSVP volunteer assignment address ways to increase older adult engagement with young people in the areas of school readiness and K-12 success.
- Disaster Services: RSVP volunteer work plans support improving community resiliency through disaster preparation, response, recovery, and mitigation.
- Veterans and Military Families: RSVP volunteer assignments positively impact the quality of life of veterans and military families.
Successful applicants will be notified by early March 2020.
To learn more about this funding notice, including a schedule of technical assistance calls and a list of funding opportunities by State, visit the CNCS website.