The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Alzheimer’s Disease and Healthy Aging Program has posted information on Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, and created an Alzheimer’s Disease and Healthy Aging Data Portal.
The portal provides easy access to national and state level CDC data on a range of key indicators of health and well-being for older adults, including:
- Subjective Cognitive Decline
- Screenings and vaccinations
- Mental health
These indicators provide a snapshot of currently available surveillance information, and can be useful for prioritization and evaluation of public health interventions.
The Alzheimer’s Disease and Healthy Aging resources include:
- What is Alzheimer’s disease?
- Road Map for Indian County
- Road Map for State and Local Public Health
- Caregiving – A Public Health Priority
- Caregiving for Family and Friends—Data for Public Health Action