Grant Opportunity from Native American Agriculture Fund
Dear Native Agriculturalists,
Today we announce our 2020 Request for Applications (RFA), the second application cycle to date. Since NAAF was launched in 2018, our Board of Trustees and staff have taken steps to craft a strategy that can begin to realize the promise we knew was possible when NAAF was created. Agriculture across Indian Country is as diverse as our Native nations and we hope the applications for funding will reflect that diversity. Native farmers and ranchers are key to the success of Native food systems and diversification of our agriculture economies. We look forward to the next step on this journey. Even in the face of the COVID-19 crisis, we know that it is important to keep moving forward and ensure that Native farmers, ranchers, fishers and food champions are provided support.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to view the RFA at NativeAmericanAgricultureFund.org/2020-RFA. The request for applications opened on Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Eligible applicants must submit a complete application no later than Monday, June 1, 2020 by 11:59 pm CT*.
* NAAF will provide flexibility for applicants with hardships applying due to COVID-19. Please visit our website, email or call for further details. Grants are available to eligible grant recipients in the mission areas of business assistance, agricultural education, technical support and advocacy services. We are also accepting applications across four special emphasis areas listed below:
- Traditional Foods and Food Sovereignty
- Agriculture Extension
- Youth (available in a separate application process)
Eligible grant recipients are:
- 501(c)(3) organizations
- Educational organizations
- Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) or Native CDFIs, and
- State and federally recognized Tribes (or instrumentalities of Tribes)
Prospective applicants may register for informational RFA webinars at NativeAmericanAgricultureFund.org/grants-webinar. Technical assistance relating to the application process is available by emailing grants@NativeAmericanAgricultureFund.org or calling 479-445-6226. We look forward to your applications.