Join EPA in a National Call to Action!
National Radon Action Month
Test. Fix. Save a life.
This January is National Radon Action Month (NRAM). Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that that can enter homes from the ground and build up to dangerous levels. Radon is the number one cause of lung cancer among non-smokers and is responsible for about 21,000 lung cancer deaths every year.
Radon is both colorless and odorless, so the only way to know if you have high levels in your home is to test.
Testing for radon is easy, inexpensive and can be done yourself. Test kits can be purchased online, or individuals can hire a qualified professional to conduct a radon test. Contact your state or tribal radon program for advice.
Spread the Word!
This year, especially during National Radon Action Month, we ask that you join EPA in alerting others to this solvable health risk.
EPA Radon Resources:
- Radon Media Resources for Partners and Stakeholders
- National Radon Action Month Event Planning Kit
- Citizen’s Guide to Radon
- Consumer’s Guide to Radon Reduction: How to Fix your Home
- Find a Radon Test Kit
- More Information on Radon
Our Partners’ Radon Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- AARST, radon professionals
- American Lung Association