- This event has passed.
Coordinated Environmental Review – NEPA Compliance for Projects with Funding from Multiple Federal Agencies
February 5 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The National Environmental Policy Act calls for a comprehensive planning process to take place before the expenditure of federal funds, even if the federal share is only a small part of the overall enterprise. Ideally, this planning process commences at the earliest stages of project planning but sometimes one agency approves acquisition (e.g. BIA) of land that is unsuitable for its intended use (e.g. housing too close to an above-ground propane tank) when a coordinated environmental review could have identified the issue and explored alternatives to resolve it.
The webinar will:
- Outline NEPA and how it has worked since 1970
- Background of NEPA
- Purpose of NEPA
- General Requirements for all federal agencies
- Differences between agency NEPA implementation
- Go over the Council of Environmental Quality (CEQ) initiative on coordinated environmental reviews
- Explore case studies since the 2015 report