- This event has passed.
Tribal consultation to examine the taxation of tribally-chartered entities (Treasury/IRS)
October 8, 2019
The Dept. of Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service are conducting a tribal consultation to examine the taxation of tribally-chartered entities at the last session of NAFOA’s Fall Finance and Tribal Economies Conference . While it is held at NAFOA’s conference, it is free to attend the consultation. Tribal consultation attendance is aimed at tribal leaders and/or their designated liaisons. Taxation in Indian Country is important and NAFOA is encouraging all tribal leaders to attend. While Section 17 entities are considered broadly exempt, the rules around tribally-chartered entities are less certain. Treasury and the IRS will be taking formal comments and facilitating discussion from tribal leaders and officials on proposed. For more info and to attend, send an email to Tribal.Consult@treasury.gov with “Consultation” in the subject line.
- EWONAP News bulletin APRIL 2021
- OFFICE OF NATIVE AMERICAN PROGRAMS (ONAP) – WHAT’S NEW ON CODETALK – 04/14/2021
- HUD’s Indian Housing Block Grant – American Rescue Plan Implementation Notice
- 2021 Tribal Energy Webinar Series Kicks Off April 28 with “Planning for a Changing Climate”
- HUD Awards More Than $90 Million for Affordable Housing in Tribal Communities