Internal Controls play a vital role in the administration of federal funding regardless of the funding agency and in the sustainability of Tribal communities. Attentive, focused, and effective Tribal staff that understand the importance of Policies and Procedures are equally important in obtaining operation and financial objectives and success. This training will provide Tribal professionals an overview of the basics of developing strong Internal Controls and effective Policies and Procedures that exceed federal requirements.
- To describe the Internal Controls identified in the 2 CFR Part 200 Uniform Guidance (Super Circular) for Tribal entities that receive federal funding;
- To define the importance and requirements of Policies and Procedures using numerous real examples and hands-on exercises; and
- To explain how to develop and execute Strong Internal Controls and effective Policies and Procedures for Tribal entities.
- To gain a deeper understanding of the Internal Control requirements for Financial and Operational functions contained in the Super Circular as it relates to Tribal entities;
- To increase your confidence that you are up-to-date on Policy and Procedure development; and
- To improve your skill(s) and know-how in developing – and implementing – the framework of Internal Controls as well as Policies and Procedures for the Tribal community.
Who Should Attend?
- Tribal leadership
- Tribal professionals in a key role of management
- Tribal professionals with job duties related to tribal financial and/or operational functions
- Tribal professionals with other job duties wanting to increase their knowledge
Click Here to Register for this event
Travel Accommodations Details:
Below is a list of hotels that are within driving distance to the Native Learning Center Training Facility. For reservations, call or book online. A guest room block is not available for this training: however, any one of these hotels will honor the GSA rate. Guests will need to show their government ID upon check-in.
*All listed hotels are within 9 miles of the Native Learning Center.
Hyatt House| 954-922-0217
90 SW 18th Ave, Dania Beach, FL, 33004
Click here for the Hyatt House Website
Hyatt Place| 954-922-0436
91 SW 18th Ave, Dania Beach, FL, 33004
Click Here for Hyatt Place Website
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale | 954-771-4800
191 SW 19th Court, Dania Beach, FL, 33004
Click here for Comfort Suites Website
Hampton Inn Suites Fort Lauderdale | 954-922-0011
2500 Stirling Road, Hollywood, FL, 33020
Click here for Hampton Inn Suites website
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale ARPT | 954-926-7300
1900 Stirling Road, Dania Beach, FL, 33020
Click here for Best Western Plus website
Holiday Inn Airport | 954-925-9100
2905 Sheridan Street, Hollywood, FL, 33020
Click here for Holiday Inn website
Extended Stay America Suites | 954-476-1211
7550 State Road 84, Davie, FL, 33317
Click here for Extended Stay America Suites website
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton | 954-922-0011
2500 Stirling Road, Hollywod, FL, 33020
Click here for Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton website
Registration is FREE for Native Americans and Those Working Within Indian Country. In accordance with 2 CFR Chapter II Part 200, OMB Super Circular, Subpart E (Cost Principles), Provision 200.432 (Conferences), the Native Learning Center exercises discretion and judgment in ensuring that costs for conferences, training, technical assistance, and all other meetings and events (including retreats, seminars, symposiums, workshops, etc.), are appropriate, necessary, and managed in a manner that minimizes costs to its Federal award.
- Codetalk Update – September 24, 2020
- National Congress of American Indians Highlights National Voter Registration Day and Native Vote
- NCAI Stabilization Grants for Native-Owned Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus Pandemic
- HUD’s Southwest Office of Native American Programs Information Bulletin – September 18, 2020
- Why Every Elder Vote Counts
September 30 - October 1
October 1 - October 31
October 5 - October 9
October 5 - October 9
October 6 - October 9
News & Media Post